pregnancy

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sweet Love

"But the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own meat, and drank oh his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter."
II Samuel 12:3

As I read this verse, it put a huge smile on my face and reminded me of my babies. I thought of my Puppy and how I snuggle him, and feed him of my plate and water of my cup. I thought how wonderful this is, people thousands of years ago treated their animals as their children like some of us do today. It brought such joy to my heart. I love my animals. They are my children.

But if you keep reading the story isn't happy ever after. This is a parable about King David and what he has done to Uriah. Go read and find out what happens next!

No comments: