pregnancy

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tired....

All of the construction was supposed to be completed by this past Friday, but that did not happen. But no worries, it got completed on Tuesday. So, I started taking down wallpaper yesterday. What a job! I started taking it down at 11 a.m. and worked on it until 10 p.m. last night! I still did not get it all down. I'd say the bottom layer of wallpaper has probably been on there for 20 or 30 years. And once you get the wall paper off then there is this horrible glue you have to scrub off the walls! My aunt suggested using 1 part Downy mixed with 1 part water and spraying it on the walls. I took her suggestion of the Downy and water mixture except I did not put it in a spray bottle, I poured it in a paint try and used a paint roller. It done a pretty good job, with a lot of hard work! I was just wondering if there is anything easier out there to get wallpaper and wallpaper glue off? Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated! I am so tired! I haven't worked that hard, non-stop, in a while! I'm going to rest and do my normal chores today, and call and set up appointments for inspections, getting our phone turned back on, our air conditioner and gas furnace checked out and the gas turned back on. Then I'll start back on the wallpaper tomorrow. I'll also be pulling up linoleum flooring and prepping our hardwood floors for sanding and refinishing, which we'll be doing on Saturday. I should have a few people helping me Saturday. Pray that God will give us the knowledge and wisdom to know what to do, and the strength and energy to do it!

No comments: