pregnancy

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Today Was Fun!



Today my Husband and I spent the whole day together! I rode with him to our local Yamaha store to buy some chain lube for the bike. We then came back home and washed the bike and he lubed the chain. We let it sit for a while.

He then took me to a nice little creamery just down the street from our house. I didn't even know it was there! I had never even heard of it before. We ordered a meal and shared. We talked to the guy behind the counter and I said I never even heard of this place before, and he said that they didn't advertise, that they relied on word of mouth. This little place was great! They had delicious food! And their ice cream was Divine! I got a hand dipped praline pecan in a waffle cone. It had little balls of pecan praline all through it with praline sauce swirled in. I will surely tell my family about this great little creamery, how good the food was, and how nice the people were.

After we left the creamery, my husband took me up to the over look. I hadn't been up there in quite a while. The city has done so much work on it, that it looks like a totally different place. I felt like I had lost my whereabouts. They put up several new covered shelters with grills, parking areas, and playgrounds. It looks so fun now! It would be a great place to get the whole family together at! At the top, we parked and he held my hand as we walked out on the overlook. I really need to get some pictures of this place one day. And I really need to get some pictures of my husband and I on the bike. People smile at us as we walk by with our bikers jackets on and holding hands , with our helmets swinging in our other hands. This would make such a great picture. I wonder what other people think when they see us? I wonder if they could even imagine that I'm a stay at home wife, trying to fulfill my Godly role?

We then came back home and watched a movie called Instinct. It was a really good movie, but it made me cry. It was about a man studying Gorillas and they accepted him and he lived among them for two years. They became his family and they tried to protect one another.

I love when my Husband and I get the chance to spend the day together. Its the simple things like him holding my hand and just spending time with me that I love the most. I'm always looking forward to our next day together and I thank God for the wonder day he gave us today.

The picture at the top is of my Husband when he went to the Dragons Tail a few months ago.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

How special that you had the whole day together!

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

glad you enjoyed a nice day with your husband ♥. those really are the best days, aren't they?

Karen said...

Wow SaChay that sounds like a good time. My husband and I met on a motorcycle. Now that we have 3 kids, it sits in his parents' garage until we get our garage done and he feels like fixing it. I used to love to go on the bike with him.