pregnancy

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bread Sticks

I visited my friend Jenna's Blog today and saw that she had made some yummy looking bread sticks, so I went and got the recipe at 'Aspiring Homemaker'. I didn't have all the ingredients that were needed, so I changed the recipe a bit. I also cut the recipe in half since they have such large families, and its just my Husband and I here. I probably should have cut the recipe to 1/4th the original, because it is so filling! I also made some garlic butter for dipping. Here's my adjusted recipe.

Bread Sticks

Ingredients:
  • 3 Cups of Self Rising Flour
  • 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
  • 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 Stick of Butter
  • 1 Cup of Water
Melt the butter on the stove top and mix all the ingredients together. If it is still a bit floury and hasn't mixed very well, knead it for a couple minutes. Then divide the dough into six equal parts and roll them between your palms until they are long and skinny, and then braid them into two separate large pieces. Bake them in the oven at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes.

Garlic Dipping Sauce

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Stick of butter
  • Dash of Garlic Powder
Melt butter on stove top and mix in garlic.

These Bread Sticks and the Garlic Dipping Sauce tasted absolutely Wonderful! I could have made it healthier by using wheat flour instead of white, but I didn't have any on hand. I also didn't have the yeast or oil, that the original recipe called for.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh SaChay! I think that yours turned out much better than mine:) I believe that I'll try your version of the recipe soon!!! With the garlic butter...yum:)

SaChay said...

Yours looked prettier, Jenna! It was delicious!