pregnancy

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Showing Hospitality


I felt lazy all day and wasn't in the mood for cleaning, or much of anything. Then I got a call from my husband, thirty minutes before he was supposed to arrive home. He said his boss was coming to stay with us. Let me tell you, I got my house spic and span in record time! All it took was 20 minutes! I was running through the house picking things up and putting them away, rinsed the dishes and got them going in the dishwasher, got a load of laundry in the wash, wiped down the sink, counter tops, stove, microwave in the kitchen, wiped down the counters, sink, mirror, toilet, scrubbed the inside of the toilet in the bath room, and vacuumed all the carpets. I was literally running around doing all of this, with a rush of energy that I got from stressing, "I can't let anyone see my house in this mess!" I have never cleaned so fast in my life!

I really need to get back to my routines! Then I wouldn't be so stressed when I get unexpected company! Stressing over a dirty house doesn't help you to be hospitable, it makes you avoid people! Being more hospitable is something I'd really like to work on, and I think if I could keep my house clean, it'd be much easier.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh my! We've had that before! It sure is stressful isn't it?
If that happened every day, our house sure would be much cleaner!!

SaChay said...

Mine too! lol

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Cute blog!

Ha... this seems to be the way I ALWAYS clean. I'm amazed at what I can do in a half hour, lol!

Boy do I love those Lysol wipes, but also my trusty spray bottle of white vinegar!

Wow, having the boss over for dinner. That really is vintage isn't it, hehe...
Best,
Nikki

SaChay said...

Thank you so much for commenting Nikki! I stopped by your blog and absolutely loved it! I especially love the way you decorate! You'll have you give me some tips sometime! My house is pretty much a blank canvas! lol