pregnancy

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Debt and Scripture

I've been wrapping presents all morning. I still have several more to wrap and several more to buy. I've decided that I'm not going to buy for my Husband's Aunt and Uncle and their family, and I'm going to try and not feel bad about it. We just can't afford it. And it would be putting us deeper in debt, its not being a good steward of what God has given us. We are supposed to make due with what we have and take care of it. But by charging on credit cards, I have took money that God didn't supply and have put my family in more bondage. Hopefully, I will be able to pay it off before any interest is added.

Bible Scripture

1st Timothy Chapter 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Deuteronomy Chapter 15:6
For the LORD thy God blesseth thee, as he promised thee: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, but thou shalt not borrow; and thou shalt reign over many nations, but they shall not reign over thee.

Psalms Chapter 37:21
The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth.

Romans Chapter 13:8
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Galatians Chapter 4:9
But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

Proverbs Chapter 22:3
The prudent sees the evil and hides himself, but the naïve go on, and are punished for it.


From now on, I'm going to try my best to be prudent and get out and stay out of debt!

No comments: